Leading Oncology Experts to Participate at Exelixis R&D Day
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Exelixis, Inc. (Nasdaq:EXEL) announced today the following upcoming investor events:
EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium: A conference call to highlight the data from the six posters presented at the EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium on the company's randomized discontinuation trial of XL184 will be held on Thursday, November 18 at 7:30 a.m. EST / 4:30 a.m. PST. During the conference call, Exelixis management will provide an overview of the data presented at the meeting, and Matthew Smith, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Genitourinary Malignancies Program at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, will provide an update on the castration-resistant prostate cancer cohort. An audio replay will be available until 11:59 p.m EST/ 8:59 p.m. PST on December 4, 2010. Access numbers for the replay are: 1-888-286-8010 (domestic) and 1-617-801-6888 (international), and the passcode is 94605525.
Exelixis Annual R&D Day: The company will host its Annual R&D Day on Thursday, December 2, 2010 from 10:00 a.m. EST / 7:00 a.m. PST until 2:30 p.m. EST / 11:30 a.m. PST. Exelixis management will outline the development priorities for XL184, discuss the company's corporate strategy, and provide a general business update.
In addition, there will be presentations by several leading oncology experts on recent data from the randomized discontinuation trial of XL184, and a panel discussion on the significance of the XL184 data from the castration-resistant prostate cancer cohort. Presenters/panel members will include:
- Jose Baselga, M.D., Ph.D., Chief of the Division of Hematology / Oncology and Associate Director of Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
- Philip Kantoff, M.D., Chief, Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Chief Clinical Research Officer and Director, Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Oliver Sartor, M.D., Medical Director of Tulane Cancer Center; C.E. and Bernadine Laborde Professor of Cancer Research; Professor, Department of Medicine: Section of Hematology & Medical Oncology and Department of Urology
- Howard Scher, M.D., Chief of Genitourinary Oncology Service at the Sidney Kimmel Center for Urologic and Prostate Cancers at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Matthew Smith, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Genitourinary Malignancies Program at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
Both of these investor events will be webcast and may be accessed on the Event Calendar page under Investors at http://www.exelixis.com for a period of 30 days following the date of the event.
Exelixis, Inc. is a development-stage biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of novel small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. The company is leveraging its biological expertise and integrated research and development capabilities to generate a pipeline of development compounds with significant therapeutic and commercial potential for the treatment of cancer. Currently, Exelixis’ broad product pipeline includes investigational compounds in phase 3, phase 2, and phase 1 clinical development. Exelixis has established strategic corporate alliances with major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, sanofi-aventis, GlaxoSmithKline, Genentech (a wholly owned member of the Roche Group), Boehringer Ingelheim, and Daiichi-Sankyo. For more information, please visit the company’s web site at www.exelixis.com.
Charles Butler, 650-837-7277
Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
DeDe Sheel, 650-837-8231
Associate Director, Investor Relations
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Biotechnology Clinical Trials Oncology Pharmaceutical Research FDA Science