DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bc7274/the_future_of_the) has announced the addition of the "The Future of the Biologicals Market: Market Overview, Innovations and Company Profiles" report to their offering.
Biopharmaceutical products are the key to the future of the pharmaceutical market. Even before the market stagnation seen in 2009 due to the recession, conventional pharmaceuticals were facing drastic consequences from the loss of patent cover for many blockbusters, and the continued failure of the R&D departments in big pharma to produce replacement candidates.
Although the conventional, small-molecule segment of the market will continue to hold a larger share, their growth is expected to be in low single figures, while biopharma products are forecast to grow at rates up to 10% per annum. This report analyses the three main components of the biopharma market monoclonal antibodies, therapeutic proteins and vaccines to show why these groups have such a positive future. It provides the most up-to-date discussion of the whole biopharma market and explores new clinical indications beyond those already targeted.
Key findings from this report
- In terms of market size, therapeutic proteins are the leaders, but monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) are the fastest growing sector
- Cancer still ranks high among targets for new MAb development, along with treatments for inflammation/immune related diseases including rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis
- Cytokines in advanced development include treatments for cancers, benign prostatic hyperplasia, gout and inflammatory conditions such as Crohns disease.
- By the end of 2009 there were 29 monoclonal antibodies approved and marketed for therapeutic use. This product class is now approaching maturity.
- Therapeutic protein products which have been success stories include insulin, erythropoietin, growth hormone, the interferons, and the fusion protein Enbrel (etanercept)
Key Topics Covered:
- The future of the biologicals market
- Executive Summary
- Introduction to biopharmaceuticals
- Developments in technology and clinical applications
- Market analysis
- The biopharmaceutical industry
- Chapter 1 Introduction to biopharmaceuticals
- Chapter 2 Developments in technology and clinical applications
- Chapter 3 Market analysis
- Chapter 4 The biopharmaceutical industry
- Chapter 5 Company profiles
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bc7274/the_future_of_the
Source: Business Insights
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: Europe Ireland
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Biotechnology Oncology Pharmaceutical