DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d7d20e/discovery_stage_pa) has announced the addition of the "Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech and Diagnostics, 2nd Edition" report to their offering.
The Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech report detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter discovery stage licensing/business development and other forms of partnering arrangement.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter discovery stage licensing/business development and other forms of partnering arrangement.
The focus of the report is on partnerships for discovery technologies and discovery stage compounds where partners have joined forces to exploit these early stage opportunities. This is the earliest stage of partnering undertaken by commercial entities with the objective of utilizing discovery technologies to identify promising drug candidates.
The report provides access to average discovery stage deal payment terms as announced between the parties. This data provides useful insight into the average and range of payments for upfront, milestone and royalty payments agreed for discovery stage deals.
This report contains over 1,500 links to online copies of actual discovery stage contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by biopharma companies and their partners.
Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of discovery stage partnering deal trends since 2000
- Analysis of the structure of discovery stage partnering agreements with numerous real life case studies
- Comprehensive access to over 1,500 actual discovery stage partnering contracts entered into by the worlds biopharma companies
- Detailed access to actual discovery stage partnering contracts enter into by the leading fifty bigpharma companies
- Insight into the payment and deal terms included in a discovery stage partnering agreement, together with real world clause examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding of the discovery stage partnering trends and structure of deals entered into by leading biopharma companies worldwide.
Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech includes:
- Trends in discovery stage partnering dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2000
- Analysis of discovery stage partnering deal structure
- Average payment terms for discovery stage deals
- Case studies of real-life discovery stage partnering deals
- Access to over 1,500 discovery stage partnering contract documents
- The leading discovery stage partnering deals by value since 2000
- Most active discovery stage partnering dealmakers since 2000
- The leading discovery stage partnering resources
Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How do milestone align with clinical stage development phases?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Trends in discovery stage dealmaking
Chapter 3 Overview of discovery stage deal structure
Chapter 4 Leading discovery stage deals
Chapter 5 Bigpharma discovery stage partnering agreements
Chapter 6 Discovery partnering agreement directory 2003-mid 2010
Over 50 Companies Mentioned, Some Include:
- Alcon Labs
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Dainippon Sumitomo
- Eli Lilly
- Forest Laboratories
- Gilead Sciences
- Merck & Co
- Merck Serono
- Novo Nordisk
- Nycomed Pharma
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d7d20e/discovery_stage_pa
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Biotechnology Pharmaceutical