<0> Research and Markets: Commercializing the Stem Cell Sciences </0>
<0> Research and MarketsLaura Wood, Senior Manager.U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716Sector: </0>
() has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Commercializing the stem cell sciences" to their offering.
Commercializing the Stem Cell Sciences offers a comparative analysis of the commercial methods adopted in the global stem cell industries, and seeks to establish whether there is an optimum commercial model, and to examine what emerging companies can learn from their predecessors. Following an introduction to stem cell sciences and the problems involved in their commercialization, the book begins with a discussion of stem cell treatments from a global perspective, and the role of innovation in the commercialization of biotechnology in general. In the second half of the book, chapters focus on the different strategies that can be employed and their relative risks and values, before a conclusion that looks at potential new developments in the field.
- Introduction: Stem cell science, biotechnology and the problem of commercialization
- Stem cell treatments in a global marketplace
- The role of innovation systems in the commercialization of biotechnology
- Low-risk, low value strategies: Adult stem cells
- High-risk, high-value: embryonic stem cells
- Low-risk, low-value: iPS cells
- Conclusion: What will happen next?
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd