SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Exelixis, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXEL) reiterated its slate of activities in conjunction with the 2011 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting, which will be held June 3-7, 2011 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Cabozantinib, the company’s most advanced solely owned product candidate, will be the subject of three oral presentations at the meeting. In addition, Exelixis will hold an investor/analyst briefing during the meeting to review the latest data for the compound.
Three Oral Presentations Featuring Cabozantinib
- “Activity of cabozantinib (XL184) in advanced ovarian cancer patients (pts): Results from a phase II randomized discontinuation trial (RDT)” (Abstract #5008) – Interim data from the ovarian cancer cohort of the phase 2 RDT will be presented on Saturday, June 4, 2011, from 4:30-4:45 p.m. CDT, in Room E354A, as part of the Gynecologic Cancer oral abstract session.
- “Activity of cabozantinib (XL184) in soft tissue and bone: Results of a phase II randomized discontinuation trial (RDT) in patients (pts) with advanced solid tumors” (Abstract #3010) – Interim overall data from the RDT will be presented on Sunday, June 5, 2011, from 12:00-12:15 p.m. CDT, in the Arie Crown Theater, as part of the Developmental Therapeutics – Experimental Therapeutics oral abstract session.
- “Cabozantinib (XL184) in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC): Results from a phase II randomized discontinuation trial” (Abstract #4516) – Interim data from the mCRPC cohort of the phase 2 RDT will be presented on Monday, June 6, 2011, from 1:15-1:30 p.m. CDT, in Hall D1, as part of the Genitourinary Cancer (Prostate) oral abstract session.
Details on May 18th Release of 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting Abstracts
The 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting abstracts featuring cabozantinib were posted publicly on www.asco.org on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. EDT. However, these abstracts were submitted to ASCO in early 2011 and do not incorporate data and new findings generated since that time. The latest and most up-to-date clinical data will be delivered during the investigators’ presentations at the meeting itself, at the dates and times listed above.
Investor/Analyst Briefing at 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting
Exelixis will hold an investor/analyst webcast on Monday, June 6, 2011, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. CDT. During the event, Exelixis management and other presenters will review the latest clinical data for cabozantinib in castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC), ovarian cancer, and other tumor types, as presented at the 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting. The company will also provide an update on the pivotal trial plans and regulatory strategy for CRPC, as well as opportunities in other indications. In addition to Exelixis management, presenters at the briefing will include:
- Michael Gordon, M.D., President and CEO of Pinnacle Oncology Hematology and an Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Oliver Sartor, M.D., Medical Director of Tulane Cancer Center; C.E. and Bernadine Laborde Professor of Cancer Research; Professor, Department of Medicine: Section of Hematology & Medical Oncology and Department of Urology
- Matthew Smith, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Genitourinary Malignancies Program at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
The webcast may be accessed live via the Event Calendar page under Investors at www.exelixis.com. An archived replay of the webcast will be available on the Event Calendar page under Investors at www.exelixis.com and via phone until 11:59 p.m. EDT/8:59 p.m. PDT on July 6, 2011. Access numbers for the phone replay are: 888-286-8010 (domestic) and 617-801-6888 (international); the passcode is 15003148.
ASCO 2011 Online Summit Now Underway
In mid-May, Exelixis launched its ASCO 2011 Online Summit featuring editorials and perspectives on new cancer therapeutic advances and changing treatment paradigms from scientific, clinical, patient advocacy and industry thought leaders. The Summit is specially designed to augment understanding and provide additional context for new data emerging from the 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting. Hosted by Exelixis on the company's website, the Online Summit also includes commentary from Exelixis executives on important advances in the development of cabozantinib in prostate, ovarian and other tumor types, which will see oral presentations of updated Phase 2 data at the 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting. The Online Summit is updated regularly and can be accessed at www.exelixis.com/resources/articles.
Exelixis, Inc. is a biotechnology company committed to developing small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Exelixis is focusing its resources and development efforts exclusively on cabozantinib, its most advanced solely-owned product candidate, in order to maximize the therapeutic and commercial potential of this compound. Exelixis believes cabozantinib has the potential to be a high-quality, differentiated pharmaceutical product that can make a meaningful difference in the lives of patients. Exelixis has also established a portfolio of other novel compounds that it believes have the potential to address serious unmet medical needs. For more information, please visit the company's web site at www.exelixis.com.
Charles Butler, 650-837-7277
Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Illinois
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Biotechnology Clinical Trials Oncology Pharmaceutical Research Science