DALLAS, November 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
The report "Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market (2010-2020) (Opportunity Analysis, Pipeline Assessment and Global Market Forecast) [http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/prostate-cance-drugs-market-413.html]", as the name suggests, analyzes and studies the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in North America (U.S. & Canada), Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, and Spain) and emerging markets (Brazil, India, China, Russia, Turkey, and South Korea).
Browse market data tables and in-depth TOC on Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market (2010-2020) (Opportunity Analysis, Pipeline Assessment and Global Market Forecast).
Early buyers will receive 10% customization on reports.
The prostate is an exocrine gland found in men, located in the groin area just below the bladder and in front of the rectum. In prostate cancer, cells within the gland mutate into cancer cells. Further, these affected cells start killing the other healthy gland cells, and can spread to the other body parts. Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of new cancer cases in men worldwide and the sixth leading cause of cancerous death in men. Globally, about 899,000 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008 and it is estimated that this number will get doubled (1.7 million) by 2030.
Global prostate cancer therapeutics market [ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/prostate-cance-drugs-market-413.html ] was valued at $2,713 million in 2010 and it is expected to reach $6,457 million, by 2020. It is estimated that the market will grow at a CAGR of 11.4% and 6.8% from 2010 to 2015 and 2015 to 2020 respectively. By therapy, hormonal therapy is dominating the global prostate cancer drugs market with 66% market share in 2010 and expected to account for 53% market share in 2020. However, by 2020, immunotherapy and targeted therapy will significantly gain market share due to advantages such as increase in the overall survival and progression free survival with benign side effects profile.
In 2010, Europe dominated the global prostate cancer drug market by accounting to 43% market share; followed by Europe is North America with the share of 42%.
The major players in the market as of 2010 include AstraZeneca PLC (U.K.), Sanofi-Aventis (France), Ipsen (France), Tolmar Inc (U.S.), Abbott (U.S.), Astellas Pharma Inc (Japan), Indevus Pharmaceuticals Inc (U.S.), Dendreon Corporation (U.S.), and Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Switzerland).
Other Reports by MarketsandMarkets
- Diagnostic Imaging Market @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/diagnostic-imaging-market-411.html
- Healthcare IT Market @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/healthcare-it-252.html
- Diabetes Care Devices Market @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/diabetes-care-devices-230.html
- US Biopharmaceutical Industry @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/biopharmaceutical-323.html
- Stem Cell Technologies Market @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/stem-cell-technologies-and-global-market-48.html
Upcoming Market Research by MarketsandMarkets
- Ultrasound Market @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/ultrasound-market-467.html
- Medical Equipments Market @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/high-growth-markets-in-medical-equipments-109.html
- Wound Care Market @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/wound-care-market-371.html
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Market @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/electronic-medical-records-emr-markets-473.html
MarketsandMarkets is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. We publish strategically analyzed market research reports and serve as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world.
MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services. MarketsandMarkets covers thirteen industry verticals; including advanced materials, automotives and transportation, banking and financial services, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods, energy and power, food and beverages, industrial automation, medical, pharmaceuticals [ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pharmaceutical-market-research-3.html ], semiconductor and electronics, and telecommunications and IT.
We at MarketsandMarkets are inspired to help our clients grow by providing apt business insight with our huge market intelligence repository. To know more about us and our reports, please visit our website http://www.marketsandmarkets.com.
7557 Rambler Road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231
Email: [email protected]
MarketsandMarkets Blog @ http://www.marketsandmarketsblog.com/