Genzyme gets creative with its exec compensation program

With its top executives under the gun for months following some severe problems on the manufacturing side, Genzyme is coming up with a new compensation formula.

The old compensation metric at the big biotech rested on one criteria: operating income. Now it will include revenue, cash flow return on investments and divisional operating revenue for unit leaders. That will add up to 80 percent of pay awards, with individual performance accounting for the other 20 percent. A mix of cash and stock that vests after several years will be handed out--provided Genzyme hits its financial goals.

- check out the story from Reuters

Suggested Articles

Half of patients in an early trial of Allogene's off-the-shelf CAR-T cells for lymphoma who received a higher dose of its antibody ALLO-647 responded.

Takeda is tossing out a Shire pipeline med after it couldn't find a buyer.

Ipsen's new hire arrives at a company reeling from a torrent six months that have crushed hopes for its $1 billion bet on a rare disease drug.