SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Exelixis, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXEL) today announced its slate of activities in conjunction with the 2011 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting, which will be held June 3-7, 2011 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Cabozantinib, the company’s most advanced solely owned product candidate, will be the subject of three oral presentations at the meeting, and will also be featured in ASCO’s press program. In addition, Exelixis will hold an investor/analyst briefing during the meeting to review the latest data for the compound.
Three Oral Presentations Featuring Cabozantinib
- “Activity of cabozantinib (XL184) in advanced ovarian cancer patients (pts): Results from a phase II randomized discontinuation trial (RDT)” (Abstract #5008) – Interim data from the ovarian cancer cohort of the phase 2 RDT will be presented on Saturday, June 4, 2011, from 4:30-4:45 p.m. CDT, in Room E354A, as part of the Gynecologic Cancer oral abstract session.
- “Activity of cabozantinib (XL184) in soft tissue and bone: Results of a phase II randomized discontinuation trial (RDT) in patients (pts) with advanced solid tumors” (Abstract #3010) – Interim overall data from the RDT will be presented on Sunday, June 5, 2011, from 12:00-12:15 p.m. CDT, in the Arie Crown Theater, as part of the Developmental Therapeutics – Experimental Therapeutics oral abstract session.
- “Cabozantinib (XL184) in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC): Results from a phase II randomized discontinuation trial” (Abstract #4516) – Interim data from the mCRPC cohort of the phase 2 RDT will be presented on Monday, June 6, 2011, from 1:15-1:30 p.m. CDT, in Hall D1, as part of the Genitourinary Cancer (Prostate) oral abstract session.
Cabozantinib in the 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting Press Program
Data from the phase 2 randomized discontinuation trial of cabozantinib will also be featured in ASCO’s 2011 Annual Meeting Press Program, in an embargoed press-only webcast to be held on Wednesday, May 18, 2011, prior to the release of the Annual Meeting abstracts. Interested media may obtain further details at ASCO’s online Press Center (http://www.asco.org/ASCOv2/Press+Center).
Details on May 18th Release of ASCO Annual Meeting Abstracts
The Annual Meeting abstracts featuring cabozantinib are expected to be posted publicly on www.asco.org on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. EDT. However, these abstracts were submitted to ASCO in early 2011 and will not incorporate data and new findings generated since that time. The latest and most up-to-date clinical data will be delivered during the investigators’ presentations at the Annual Meeting itself, at the dates and times listed above.
Investor/Analyst Briefing at 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting
Exelixis will hold an investor/analyst webcast on Monday, June 6, 2011, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. CDT. During the event, Exelixis management and other presenters will review the latest clinical data for cabozantinib in castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC), ovarian cancer, and other tumor types, as presented at the ASCO annual meeting. The company will also provide an update on the pivotal trial plans and regulatory strategy for CRPC, as well as opportunities in other indications. In addition to Exelixis management, presenters at the briefing will include:
- Michael Gordon, M.D., President and CEO of Premiere Oncology of Arizona; Associate Director of Clinical Research for the Arizona Cancer Center; and Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Oliver Sartor, M.D., Medical Director of Tulane Cancer Center; C.E. and Bernadine Laborde Professor of Cancer Research; Professor, Department of Medicine: Section of Hematology & Medical Oncology and Department of Urology
- Matthew Smith, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Genitourinary Malignancies Program at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
The webcast may be accessed live via the Event Calendar page under Investors at www.exelixis.com. An archived replay of the webcast will be available on the Event Calendar page under Investors at www.exelixis.com and via phone until 11:59 p.m. EDT/8:59 p.m. PDT on July 6, 2011. Access numbers for the phone replay are: 888-286-8010 (domestic) and 617-801-6888 (international); the passcode is 15003148.
Exelixis, Inc. is a biotechnology company committed to developing small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Exelixis is focusing its resources and development efforts exclusively on cabozantinib, its most advanced solely-owned product candidate, in order to maximize the therapeutic and commercial potential of this compound. Exelixis believes cabozantinib has the potential to be a high-quality, differentiated pharmaceutical product that can make a meaningful difference in the lives of patients. Exelixis has also established a portfolio of other novel compounds that it believes have the potential to address serious unmet medical needs. For more information, please visit the company's web site at www.exelixis.com.
Charles Butler, 650-837-7277
Investor Relations and
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Illinois
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Biotechnology Clinical Trials Oncology Pharmaceutical