AB SCIEX Launches as New Company to Extend Leadership in Analytical Science
Integrated Organization to Focus on Innovation and Speed to Market to Address a Wide Range of Scientific Challenges
FOSTER CITY, Calif. & CONCORD, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AB SCIEX today launched as a new company dedicated to life science analytical technologies. The new company combines the two halves of the highly successful AB SCIEX mass spectrometry joint venture into an integrated organization. AB SCIEX, which is the global market leader in mass spectrometry, intends to utilize its new operating structure to increase speed to market in developing innovative new solutions and expanding service and support to enable the scientific community to continue its increasing use of mass spectrometry for a broader range of applications.
AB SCIEX provides instrumentation, software and services that are used in a number of critical life science applications, including drug discovery and development, disease studies, and food and environmental safety. Scientists use these technologies, which identify and quantify specific molecules in complex samples, to enhance health and safety. Examples include: improving food safety in China, restoring the Florida Everglades, and discovering biomarkers in France to improve the diagnosis and monitoring of diseases.
AB SCIEX is uniquely positioned to continue its global leadership in the mass spectrometry market, building on a more than 20-year history of innovation. Among the company's achievements are:
- More than 12,000 AB SCIEX mass spectrometry systems are currently deployed in virtually every major laboratory around the world, spanning the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food safety testing and environmental analysis fields, as well as hospitals and academic institutions.
- AB SCIEX has the industry's broadest portfolio of mass spectrometry-based solutions. These include integrated platforms that combine liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) for small molecule analysis, contaminant identification and biomarker validation, such as the AB SCIEX QTRAP 5500 System. The company also provides MALDI TOF/TOF systems for protein biomarker discovery that include the AB SCIEX TOF-TOF 5800 System.
- These solutions include specialized software applications that simplify the use of mass spectrometry. For example, Cliquid Software, along with pre-configured iMethod Tests, uses automation to advance clinical testing; LightSight Software helps facilitate drug discovery; and MRMPilot and ProteinPilot Software improve the efficiency and reliability of biomarker research. AB SCIEX also delivers unique chemistry reagents that support targeted discovery and validation, including iTRAQ and mTRAQ reagents.
- To support its comprehensive solutions, AB SCIEX provides a full line of services that help protect customers' investments in their mass spectrometry platforms by minimizing costs and maximizing instrument performance. These services include instrument qualification, software validation, remote instrument monitoring and proactive maintenance.
- AB SCIEX has the industry's largest global application support organization. The company operates state-of-the-art demo laboratories around the world to showcase the power of its technologies and help scientists achieve their goals.
Laura Lauman, president of AB SCIEX
"The vision that led to the creation of AB SCIEX is that this integrated company will be able to shape the future of mass spectrometry in ways far greater than what we have already achieved as the market leader in this industry. By bringing our former joint venture together as a single operating company, AB SCIEX will be able to create a new level of energy, achieve greater customer focus and satisfaction, and further accelerate innovation to keep pace with the dynamic needs of the life science industry."
Andy Boorn, president of AB SCIEX
"AB SCIEX is the go-to company for the most robust, rugged and reliable analytical tools available in the marketplace today. When scientists think about AB SCIEX, I want them to think about first: First in innovation, first in new technologies, first to bring solutions to help them solve their problems. Our continuous advancements in developing leading-edge technologies enable us to make meaningful contributions to the health and safety of people around the world."
"This is AB SCIEX" (Corporate video)
AB SCIEX technology portfolio
About AB SCIEX
For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
Social Media Tags
Food safety, drug discovery, clinical research, environment, forensic toxicology, biology, proteomics, biomarker research, mass spectrometry, medicine, life science
For Research Use Only. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners.
© 2010 AB SCIEX.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6161803&lang=en