BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Bold thinking, diligent progress and great science will be on display at the “Fierce 15 Revealed” session on Wednesday, September 7 at BioPharm America, to be held at the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel on September 7–9. The Fierce 15 is a hotly anticipated annual award created by FierceBiotech that recognizes the 15 most promising private biotech companies in the world.
“Fierce 15 companies represent some of the most exciting ‘partnerable’ companies in the industry,” said Carola Schropp, President of EBD Group, organizers of the conference. “Profiling these companies at BioPharm America—one of largest and most productive dealmaking events of the year—is a natural fit.”
FierceBiotech Editor-in-Chief John Carroll will host the panel and discuss what it currently takes to attract venture backing and top partners in a tough financing environment.
Commenting on their award and attendance at BioPharm America, the 2011 Fierce 15 winners said:
- “Intrexon is dedicated to realizing the exceptional advantages of our Better DNA™ technology in a variety of host cell applications and to expanding the possibilities of what can be accomplished through the engineering of biology. Being named a Fierce 15 company is an appreciated recognition of both our advanced technology and the dedication of our nearly 300 team members. BioPharm America is an excellent venue for our team to receive this recognition and to pursue partnering opportunities with the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.” -- Randal J. Kirk, Chairman and CEO, Intrexon Corporation
- “We are very pleased to have the TESARO team recognized for building a ‘fierce’ company. Their experience and passion along with the commitment and support of our investors allows us to effectively pursue an aggressive growth strategy based upon business development transactions and collaborations. The BioPharm America international partnering conference is the ideal venue for TESARO to receive this recognition and to continue our efforts to build a leading oncology pipeline portfolio via partnering with the world’s foremost pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.” -- Lonnie Moulder, Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder of TESARO
- “Pfenex is honored to be selected as a member of the 2011 Fierce 15. This selection is a testament to Pfenex’s technology and business strategy, the entire team at Pfenex, our investors at Signet Healthcare Partners and very importantly our broad base of industry and government partners. Pfenex has leveraged its cutting edge Pfenex Expression Technology platform in several business divisions including lead protein strain engineering, reagent protein production and sales, biosimilars, and biodefense, putting the organization on a steep trajectory of value growth. We look forward to a busy week of partnering meetings at BioPharm America in Boston this week, another top tier event organized by EBD Group that provides an excellent forum for partnering in the biotechnology industry.” -- Patrick Lucy, Vice President of Business Development & Marketing, Pfenex
- “Selecta is honored to be named a Fierce 15 biotech company in recognition of the potential of our Synthetic Vaccine Particle (SVP™) technology as a fundamentally new paradigm in prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines. With the broad applicability of our platform, Selecta is pursuing proprietary and partnered programs to build a robust and diverse product pipeline and realize the potential of our technology to impact human health. We are actively engaging in partnering discussions with the type of leading pharmaceutical companies that are drawn to conferences such as BioPharm America.” -- Werner Cautreels, PhD, President and CEO, Selecta Biosciences.
- "We are pleased to be recognized amongst the top companies in the industry as Fierce 15. BioPharm America is a great opportunity to discuss with potential partners the progress we have made in the clinic with CRLX101 and the potential to propel the RNAi field forward with our platform." -- Oliver Fetzer, CEO, Cerulean
BioPharm America annually hosts top dealmakers from around the world seeking to do business with innovative companies and organizations. The "Fierce 15" celebrates the spirit of being "fierce," championing innovation and creativity, even in the face of intense competition.
For a complete list of the 2011 Fierce 15, click here.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world.
Outside of the conference format, EBD Group’s consultants provide hands-on assistance for firms seeking to in- or out-license products and technologies.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
MassBio, a not-for-profit organization that represents and provides services and support for the Massachusetts biotechnology industry, is the nation's oldest biotechnology trade association. Founded in 1985, MassBio is committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide. Representing over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, MassBio works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
For more information please visit www.massbio.org.
Tilton Little, +1 760-930-0500
Senior Manager, PR and Social Media
M: +1 619-379-1786
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Biotechnology Cardiology Clinical Trials Genetics Medical Devices Pharmaceutical Radiology