What Are The Emerging Trends In The Global Pharmaceutical Sector?
DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/0e22aa/global_pharmaceuti) has announced the addition of the "Global Pharmaceutical Market Forecast to 2012" report to their offering.
The global pharmaceutical market is expected to earn over a trillion dollar in revenues by 2012 and according to "Global Pharmaceutical Market Forecast to 2012", our new research report, the market will witness a number of changes impacting its course of growth. These include the shift of growth from the developed markets to the emerging ones, increasing focus on biotech-based drugs, fewer new drug approvals, and a strong growth in the prevalence of generics.
This report, an updated and far more exhaustive and analytical version of our popular 2006 study, provides a comprehensive analysis of every major pharmaceutical market worldwide. Thirty-four major pharmaceutical markets from North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa have been selected as the most important regions to be presented in this report. Factual insight, supplemented with statistical overview on the past, present and future, together with statistics and analysis pertaining to market size, growth, segmentation, government policies, healthcare indicators, key players, health coverage, new developments and future prospects has been provided for each market.
"Global Pharmaceutical Market Forecast to 2012" acts as a valuable tool for pharmaceutical manufactures/investors/consultants who are studying the global pharmaceutical market as it helps in identifying and analyzing market opportunities that will suit their business needs and profiles.
Key Research Findings
- Growing at a CAGR of around 8%, the global pharmaceutical market is forecasted to reach US$ 1043.4 Billion in 2012.
- North America remains the largest pharmaceutical market constituting 42.8% of the global sales in 2007. Growth in the region is however expected to slow down in near future owing to patent expiration of key drugs and increased prevalence of generics.
- In Europe, growth in the top five markets is expected to remain sluggish in next five years. Emerging markets in Central and Eastern Europe is however expected to drive growth in future.
- A large untapped population and strong economic growth in major countries is expected to make Asia-Pacific the most lucrative pharmaceutical market in future.
- Growth in the Latin American markets is expected to be strong with Brazil and Mexico amongst the most emerging pharmaceutical markets in the world.
- Dwindling drug pipelines and patent expiration of a number of blockbuster drugs may challenge the growth of global pharmaceutical market in future.
Key Players Discussed in the Report
This section provides the overview, key facts, strengths and weaknesses, and financial information of prominent players in the global pharmaceutical market like Pfizer Inc, Sanofi-Aventis, GlaxoSmithKline Plc and AstraZeneca Plc.
Our industry experts study the relationship between various industry and economic variables to ensure the required accuracy and desired check on the quality of data and information given in the report.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Analyst View
2. Global Pharmaceutical Market: An Overview
3. Market by Region
4. Key Player Profiles
List of Tables
List of Figures
Novartis International AG
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/0e22aa/global_pharmaceuti