Big Blue said in June that it had introduced "the industry's first set of commercial cloud services and integrated products for the enterprise." The IBM Smart Business cloud portfolio comprises standardized services on the IBM Cloud; private cloud services behind the firewall built by IBM and run by IBM or the client; CloudBurst workload optimized systems for clients who want to build to their own cloud with pre-integrated hardware and software.
- Security: Proventia Virtualized Network Security Platform consolidates security applications like intrusion prevention, Web application protection and network policy enforcement. Additional security measures, from IBM Tivoli:
- Identity and access assurance for managing identity and access risks through centralized identity, access, attestation and audit services; closed loop privileged user control.
- Data and application security for privacy and compliance risks caused by lost backup tapes and disks through encryption of stored data.
- Security management for z/OS, to improve Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) operational management and compliance posture.
- Agility: Dedicated, variable or dynamic capacity.
- Dynamic: hourly commitment of 16 nodes or more, eight to ten hours per day, five days a week.
- Variable: short-term commitments from a few processors for one week to hundreds of processors for one or more weeks.
- Dedicated: one- to three-year commitments for 32 or more processors.
- Cost elements: Clients pay an annual fee to establish and maintain VPN connectivity and a "home node" management server footprint in an IBM CoD center of their choice. Compute power is billed per processor. Storage capacity is priced per gigabyte by the week.
- Biopharma suitability: You can supplement in-house computing capacity with IBM-hosted compute clusters and storage for peak or long-term compute capacity.