Google App Engine uses the search giant's vast infrastructure. App Engine applications are scalable, in terms of both processing and storage
Users can serve application from their own domain name or a name from the appspot.com domain. You can share or limit access to your organization.
- Security: Applications run in a secure environment that provides limited access to the underlying operating system. Applications are isolated from hardware, operating system and physical location of the web server.
- Agility: On-demand massive scaling; supports several programming languages.
- Cost elements
- $0.10 per CPU core hour.
- $0.10 per GB bandwidth incoming, $0.12 per GB bandwidth outgoing. $0.15 per GB of data stored by the application per month.
- $0.0001 per email recipient for emails sent by the application.
- Biopharma suitability: Automatic scaling and load balancing; massive scaling.