Doctors Launch Initiative to Bridge Gap Between Wearables and Meaningful Health Data
CALGARY, Alberta, Sept. 16, 2014 /CNW/ -- Wearable sports and activity trackers will become a $1.4 billion industry in less than two years, producing a massive amount of user activity data along the way. A huge opportunity exists for leveraging this data to create meaningful healthcare decisions. Today, Vivametrica (http://vivametrica.com/our-video/) introduced a first-of-its-kind wearable analytics platform for consumers, enterprises and healthcare providers based on years of clinical research linking activity and health risks, authored by its executive management team.
Vivametrica's device-agnostic platform delivers a standardized approach to data collection and management, bridging the gap between wearable fitness applications and actionable health data by improving personal wellness metrics in the following ways:
- Credible, personalized assessment: Vivametrica's approach delivers accurate, credible and personalized assessments that can be used to determine individual risk for chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and back pain. Additionally, the platform provides personalized health targets and goals based on objective data collection.
- Research-based analytics: Created by physicians and researchers, Vivametrica's analysis is based on years of comprehensive clinical findings in the fields of physical activity, rehabilitation and medicine.
Vivametrica's executive team is comprised of experts in the fields of health, medicine and business:
- Dr. Richard Hu – Founder and CEO: Dr. Hu comes from a spinal and orthopedic surgery background and is a clinical professor of surgery at the University of Calgary. He has co-founded, nurtured and grown a number of health-related businesses. Dr. Hu's goal in founding Vivametrica is to empower consumers and doctors with objective data that will impact decision-making and solve real world health problems.
- Dr. Christy Lane – Cofounder and chief operating officer: Dr. Lane has built her career around the science of exercise. Her research focuses on outcomes and treatment for common spinal disorders, as well as exercise rehabilitation for special populations. As part of the Vivametrica platform, Dr. Lane's invaluable research will provide people with the tools they need to understand personal biometric data and translate these numbers into measurable objectives.
- Dr. Matthew Smuck – Cofounder and scientific advisor: Dr. Smuck is chief of physical medicine and rehabilitation and an associate professor of orthopedic surgery at Stanford University. As a clinician, educator and researcher, Dr. Smuck is a leading expert in the emerging field of objective outcomes monitoring for musculoskeletal diseases and will guide Vivametrica's continued research in the field.
- Scott Valentine – President: Scott is an active member in Canada's startup community and has held previous positions as a marketing executive at Solium and as an investor and go-to-market VP with Mobovivo. His serial entrepreneurship and passion about healthcare advocacy will help accelerate Vivametrica's business trajectory and market adoption.
Dr. Richard Hu, founder and CEO of Vivametrica, said: "When the wearable device market took off, the need to put all this data to good use became apparent. Our team of doctors and researchers has spent years tracking the important relationship between activity and health. This specialized insight into the healthcare industry has given us a unique opportunity to make this valuable information available to the audiences we think will benefit most. Our goal in pioneering a standardized platform is to create a new approach to healthcare by bringing data together in a meaningful and actionable way."
Vivametrica provides a first of its kind analytics platform for wearable healthcare. Its device agnostic platform delivers a standardized approach to data collection and management, bridging the gap between wearable fitness applications and actionable data for consumers, enterprises, healthcare and researchers. Created by physicians and researchers, Vivametrica's approach is based on comprehensive clinical findings in the fields of physical activity, rehabilitation and medicine. For more information, visit www.vivametrica.com.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.