Expansion of Venn's service offering into Data Management & Randomisation
Venn Life Sciences (AIM: VENN), a growing Clinical Research Organisation (CRO) providing clinical trial management and resourcing solutions to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device clients, announces the acquisition of Cardinal Systems SAS ("Cardinal"), a France based CRO specialising in Data Management and Randomisation systems.
The acquisition extends Venn's service offering into Data Management and Randomisation, a customer requirement that was previously outsourced, and so further strengthens the Company's position as a leading full-service European CRO.
Under the terms of the acquisition Venn has subscribed for €200,000 of new ordinary shares in Cardinal and has purchased existing shares in Cardinal for a consideration of €272,780. The total consideration will be paid in cash from existing funds and following this subscription and purchase of new shares Venn will own 79.8% of the enlarged share capital of Cardinal.
On 30 September 2014 Venn will subscribe cash for a further €200,000 of new Cardinal shares increasing its shareholding to 85.2%. Venn has a call option over the remaining 14.8% the consideration for which would be based on the financial performance of Cardinal for the year to 30 September 2015.
Founded in 1996 and based in Paris, Cardinal brings significant experience of Data Management and Randomisation into the Venn fold, increasing Venn's capacity to bid for larger international clinical trials with an in-house full-service offering. Cardinal is well known for its enhanced technological systems and adeptness at managing multiple sites and has an active global client base including large & mid-sized Pharmaceutical companies, Governmental organisations, Non-profit organisations and Biotechnology firms. The addition of these services as a core service offering further emphasises Venn's status as a full service pan-European CRO. In the year to 30th September 2013 Cardinal recorded a loss before tax of €444k. Since then Cardinal has undertaken a significant restructuring and accordingly this acquisition is expected to be earnings enhancing in its first full year
Tony Richardson, CEO of Venn Life Sciences, said: "The combination of Cardinal's IT expertise with Venn's extensive clinical trial management experience enables us to offer our sponsors a more holistic approach to managing their trials. Our sponsors have highlighted to us in recent times the importance of having these services under the one roof and we moved quickly to find a suitable company that fits into the Venn organisation. This enhances our growth opportunities as a company as we can target a wider portfolio of studies and we have already encountered positive feedback from potential customers in anticipation of this kind of deal."
Cardinal CEO, Antoine Périer, commented: "We are excited to have joined one of Europe's fastest growing CROs and we believe that coming under the Venn umbrella sees us increase our ability to pitch for bigger business to a wider global audience."
The Cardinal team will continue to be based out of the Paris office and will work in tandem with each of the Venn offices across Europe.
|Venn Life Sciences Holdings Plc||www.vennlifesciences.com|
|Tony Richardson, Chief Executive Officer||Tel: +353 154 99 341|
|Orla McGuinness, Marketing Manager||Tel: +594 694410116|
|Zeus Capital (Nominated Adviser and Broker)|
|Ross Andrews/Andrew Jones(Corporate Finance)||Tel: +44 (0)161 831 1512|
|Dominic Wilson (Institutional Sales)||Tel: +44 (0)20 7533 7727|
|Walbrook PR Ltd||Tel: +44 (0)20 7933 8780 or [email protected]|
|Paul McManus||Mob: +44 (0)7980 541 893|
|Lianne Cawthorne||Mob: +44 (0)7584 391 303|
About Venn Life Sciences Limited:
Venn Life Sciences is a Clinical Research Organisation providing clinical trial management and resourcing solutions to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organisations. With dedicated operations in France, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Ireland and Europe wide representation – Venn specialises in rapid deployment and management of multisite projects. Venn recently established an innovation division – InnoVenn – focused primarily on breakthrough development opportunities in Skin Science.
About Cardinal – www.cardinal-sys.com
Cardinal Systems is a full service CRO founded in 1996 with experience in International Project Management, Regulatory, Data Management, Statistics and Technology. Specialised in innovative methodology (such as adaptive designs) and robust technology, Cardinal Systems offers global clinical trial services with high added-value to biotechnologies. Supported by an international network of experts, Cardinal offers a streamlined and regulatory-compliant workflow and provide clients with data monitoring committee organisation and scientific guidance during clinical trials.