RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C.--For the second consecutive year, Quintiles has been named Best Clinical Research Organization (CRO) in the Vaccine Industry Excellence (ViE) Awards. Presented at the World Vaccine Congress now under way in Washington, D.C., the awards recognize and celebrate individuals, organizations and initiatives which have made significant contributions over the past 12 months.
The Best CRO award is presented to the honored CRO following two rounds of evaluation. First, customers vote for their preferred CRO online prior to the World Vaccine Congress to arrive at a list of five companies per category. Then, a judging panel makes its selection based on information provided in the following criteria:
- Range of services provided in niche and core therapeutic areas;
- Methods of performance improvement or introduction of new services;
- Attention to and quality of relationships with clients;
- Reaching of milestones and final/ongoing outcomes; and
- Building and maintaining existing and long-term partnerships.
"We're proud to be recognized by our customers and peers as the Best CRO," said Dr. Christopher Cabell, senior vice president, Therapeutic Delivery Unit. "We work every day to advance the development of quality vaccines and anti-infective products. This achievement celebrates our commitment to create a healthier world."
Two Quintiles scientific and operational experts presented as part of the technical seminars offered at the World Vaccine Congress.
- Nancy Dreyer, global chief of scientific affairs, Quintiles Outcome presented the need for big data to protect the public from flu outbreaks, and as a means for overcoming the ongoing challenge of vaccination compliance.
- Vicky Leamy, therapeutic strategy lead, Quintiles Infectious Diseases and Vaccines, focused on the challenges of large-scale vaccine trials and the importance of planning to ensure coordination of efforts, establishing realistic expectations and regional considerations.
Quintiles helped develop or commercialize 73% (11 of 15) of 2011's best-selling Vaccine products or compounds.
Quintiles is the world's largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services with a network of more than 27,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries. We have helped develop or commercialize all of the top-50 best-selling drugs on the market. Quintiles applies the breadth and depth of our service offerings along with extensive therapeutic, scientific and analytics expertise to help our customers navigate an increasingly complex healthcare environment as they seek to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of better healthcare outcomes.