<0> Research and Markets: Stem Cell Research in India 2012 </0>
<0> Research and MarketsLaura Wood, Senior Manager.U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716Sector: </0>
() has announced the addition of the report to their offering.
The stem cell research in India is in its nascent stage and is gradually on a growth path of acceptance by people. The market is still in a phase of conducting research to establish itself as one of the best therapies for the widely prevalent incurable lifestyle diseases. Awareness campaigns and doctors are playing a key role educating people and especially would-be parents about the benefits associated with preserving stem cells.
The report begins with the introduction section which offers a brief insight of the concept of stem cell therapy and banking, the conventional sources of stem cells and the current and future therapeutic solutions for the most risky diseases. It then moves to the market overview section which provides an insight of the Indian stem cell therapy market, with highlight on the market size and growth. It also covers the market size and growth prospect of the stem cell banking market in India. In addition to these, the report gives a snapshot of the current and expected stem cell banking customers.
An analysis of the drivers explains the factors for growth of the industry that include favourable regulatory environment, high patient population, stem cell application in drug development, rising consumer awareness, a rise in medical tourism and an increase in research and development expenditure to ensure stem cell therapy as a viable treatment for the numerous diseases. The key challenges include high cost of therapy, capital intensive market and high development costs of stem cell resulting in slow progress of the market.
- Cyrobanks International India Private Limited
- LifeCell International Private Limited
- Pathcare Labs (P) Limited
- Reliance Life Sciences Private Limited
- Stemade Biotech Private Limited
- Stemone Biologicals Private Limited
- Stempeutics Research Private Limited
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Stem Cell Facility
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Centre for Stem Cell Research
- International Consortium of Stem Cell Networks
- L V Prasad Eye Institute
- National Centre for Biological Sciences
- National Centre for Cell Science
- Nichi-In Centre for Regenerative Medicine
For more information visit