Event grows by 20 percent over 2011 edition
CARLSBAD, Calif. & NEW YORK & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Professional investors and biopharm executives converged early this January at Biotech Showcase™ 2012 where professional and private investors engaged in one-to-one meetings with the companies driving innovation in the life science industry.
Held January 7–9 at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco – Union Square, the fourth annual Biotech Showcase featured corporate presentations by more than 240 public and private life science companies, and attracted more than 1,300 registrants who engaged in over 2,000 one-to-one meetings. The event also featured a full program of workshops, three lunch plenary sessions and a state of the industry briefing on regenerative medicine. More in-depth coverage of the program can be found at www.partneringnews.com.
“Biotech Showcase has become the destination for dealmaking in the innovation sector of the life science industry,” said Carola Schropp, President of EBD Group. “This year’s event saw the most exciting emerging companies present to and meet with the leading private and professional investors in the industry. From exciting oncology companies exploiting novel pathways to hot molecular diagnostics firms, Biotech Showcase is where emerging growth companies come to raise money and develop strategic partnerships.”
“Biotech Showcase is where emerging private and public life science companies are able to meet potential investors and business development executives from established companies during this all important week in the biotech investor conference calendar,” said Sara Jane Demy, President of Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors. “Presenting companies ranged from post A-round to pre-IPO funded firms, and micro- and mid-cap public companies. Biopharma companies seeking venture or public equity investors, as well as strategic partners, found multiple opportunities at Biotech Showcase.”
“This is one of the few conferences where you meet real investors. I raised over USD 2 million from one of my presentations at Biotech Showcase,” said Manish Singh, PhD, MBA, President and CEO of ImmunoCellular Therapeutics, Ltd.
“We were very pleased to attend the conference. Biotech Showcase is a great forum of diverse technologies and informative panel discussions. It’s extremely helpful for investors to have another venue that showcases important emerging therapies,” commented Jonathan Cope, a Managing Member and Head of Health Sciences, Lincoln Park Capital (LPC).
“Biotech Showcase was a great venue to not only present the CoLucid story to multiple potential investors, it also provided an intimate venue for one-to-one meetings with pharmaceutical company partners,” said Thomas P. Mathers, CEO at CoLucid Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
“The one-to-one meetings draw me to Biotech Showcase because I am a venture capitalist,” said Kenji Kakuta, Principal of Mitsui & Co. Global Investment Ltd., Japan. “I love attending this type of conference. I have attended Bio-Europe Spring®, Bio-Europe®, BioPharm America™ —so many of these conferences. The conferences are very helpful.”
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Partnering for Global Impact®, a new partnering conference providing an innovative forum to partner, identify and generate social and philanthropic investment and funding opportunities
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences at industry events.
Outside of the conference format, EBD Group’s consultants provide hands-on assistance for firms seeking to in- or out-license products and technologies.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
About Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
Demy-Colton is focused on facilitating the growth of the life science industry. In addition to developing high-value added conferences to address the business needs of the biotechnology and life sciences industries and launching The Life Sciences Report, an electronic investor newsletter published by Streetwise Reports, Demy-Colton has also developed unique online software solutions that facilitate investor and venture meetings for the pharma industry and partnering meetings for other organizations such as AUTM and LES.
- US-Japan Health Sciences Dialogue, a business development conference focused on critical issues affecting the growth of pharma and biotech in the Japanese, Asian and Western markets.
- Life Sciences Summit, a translational science partnering meeting focused on oncology, neurology, infectious disease and regenerative medicine that brings together academic innovators, biopharma executives and funders.
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique investor forum that takes place annually in San Francisco where emerging private and public life science companies present to and meet with investors and business development executives. This event is co-produced with EBD Group.
- The official launch date of TheLife Sciences Report, is March 23, 2012.
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America California New York
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Biotechnology Genetics Infectious Diseases Pharmaceutical Other Health