Get Fit this Season by Entering Contest for a Chance to Win a Personal Training Session with Trainer-to-the-Stars
MADISON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- It’s not what celebrities know about getting fit for summer, it’s who they know. And when Hollywood stars want to get in the best shape of their lives, they call Harley Pasternak, creator of the 5 Factor Diet. This spring, the makers of Centrum® multivitamins are teaming up with Pasternak to bring star-worthy tips to Americans. One lucky person will win a trip to Los Angeles and a training session with Harley, a renowned fitness and nutrition expert and best-selling author responsible for getting many of Hollywood's most recognized celebrities into the best shape of their lives.
Nearly half of U.S. adults make resolutions to change in the New Year and getting fit ranks as the number-one New Year’s resolution. But nearly three out of five people who make that resolution break it before the end of January. As bathing-suit season looms, resolutions are suddenly on everyone’s mind again. Harley Pasternak knows that getting fit for summer requires exercise and good nutrition, and one way he makes sure to help get his recommended amount of daily vitamins is by taking Centrum® multivitamins.
Starting today, by “liking” the new Centrum Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Centrum, consumers can receive exclusive content on how to keep their summer resolutions, learn how to enter for a chance to win a Wii FitTM Plus every day for 60 days, and receive a special $3 coupon for Centrum® multivitamins. Also, through June 22, 2011, consumers are invited to text the word CENTRUM to 89800 to learn how to enter for a chance to win a trip to Los Angeles to receive a personal training session with Pasternak. See Centrum® Mobile Sweepstakes Official Rules for details.
Pasternak has experience with the challenges that come with making a healthy change.
“Since my job involves constant travel, I sometimes struggle to find healthy foods,” Pasternak said. “I learned that opening myself up to varied experiences and making simple modifications can go a long way toward increasing my health and fitness level. I also take a Centrum® multivitamin every day as my personal insurance policy in case I miss important vitamins or nutrients in my diet. That’s definitely a secret I think anyone can use.”
Here are five tips for looking and feeling your best:
1. Go global with your diet. Exposing your palate to different cuisines can help you find foods that are nourishing, slimming and never boring. Whether Greek yogurt, Japanese tofu, or Swedish rye bread, the world’s healthiest countries take pride in a few very special ingredients.
2. The healthiest solutions are often the simplest ones – like walking instead of driving, broiling instead of frying, and taking a daily multivitamin. Making common-sense decisions about the way you eat, move, and live can help you exponentially increase your health and wellness level.
3. Try to stick to low-sugar beverages and drink more water. Try all sorts of tea – black, oolong, and green - for an antioxidant flavor boost.
4. Every step counts. Walk everywhere, whether it’s to the grocery store or to work. Take the stairs whenever you can. If you have to be on the phone, pace around while you talk, or do jumping jacks during TV commercial breaks. Regular movement has an infinite number of benefits.
5. Enjoy one free day a week! Indulge in eating a treat such as dark chocolate and sleep in late. It will motivate you to keep up a healthy lifestyle during the other six days.
As the summer nears, there is no better time than now to start taking the right steps to reach a healthier you. Join the makers of Centrum® multivitamins and Harley Pasternak and get inspired to rediscover a healthier you!
Pfizer Inc.: Working together for a healthier world™
At Pfizer, we apply science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacturing of products for people and animals. Our diversified global health care portfolio includes human and animal biologic and small molecule medicines and vaccines, as well as nutritional products and many of the world's best-known consumer products. Every day, Pfizer colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time. Consistent with our responsibility as the world's leading biopharmaceutical company, we also collaborate with health care providers, governments and local communities to support and expand access to reliable, affordable health care around the world. For more than 150 years, Pfizer has worked to make a difference for all who rely on us. To learn more about our commitments, please visit us at www.pfizer.com.
Rick Goulart, 212-733-7457
KEYWORDS: United States North America New Jersey New York
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Entertainment Health Fitness & Nutrition Celebrity Pharmaceutical Other Health