Executives at AEterna Zentaris have taken a good, long look at the company's pipeline and operations and have identified a number of changes that will take place.
- Cetrorelix, currently in a Phase III program for benign prostatic hyperplasia, is AEterna's highest priority. The company also plans to move into Phase IIb trials for the endometriosis indication of the drug.
- AEZS-108, a cytotoxic conjugate, is AEterna's highest earlier-stage priority, and will therefore. Phase II trials of the drug both endometrial and ovarian cancers will get underway this year. The company also prioritized early-stage drug candidates.
- All projects will be developed internally through proof-of-concept in man, but non AEterna will look to unload non-core assets.
- Asia (especially Japan) remains a market of interest for AEZS.
- see this releaseÂ from AEterna