Tolling Systems Lead Job
at 3M in Austin TX US
Organization: Safety & Graphics Business Gro
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Texas-Austin
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking a Tolling Systems Lead for the MVSS business located in Austin, TX. Be part of what’s next!
The person hired for the position of Tolling Systems Lead within the Delivery Team of the Motor Vehicle Systems and Services group will be primarily responsible for the end to end implementation, configuration, and integration of tolling systems roadside.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Act in a customer facing role on projects, with overarching responsibilities for back-office/host and roadside engineering efforts inclusive of hardware and software.
- Function as the senior, lead technical representative on the project team
- Review work schedules, work assignments, deliverables, and milestones; work closely with the PMO group to ensure accuracy, feasibility, and completeness of project schedules and project deliverables.
- Participate in customer deliverables development related to technical artifacts, system design, system capabilities, and development processes
- Participate in project start up activities to identify the correct resource and cost model necessary for successful delivery
- Lead the design and architecture of the end to end tolling solution as a whole
- Assist as necessary with RFP response requests.
- Review, identify, define and manage systems requirements and design details for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) systems development, based on business processes and established industry standards
- Develop and draft operational concepts, scenarios, specifications for the provision of key systems related to tolling and it operations.
- Work closely with the PMO group to ensure accuracy, feasibility, and completeness of project schedules and project deliverables.
This position is contingent upon 3M Motor Vehicle Systems and Services winning, maintaining, or renewing a contract with Client/s
- Bachelor's degree or higher or 10 years of systems engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years combined experience with implementing and/or integrating toll collection systems
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Experience with preparing proposals and marketing/business development deliverables
- Project/program management experience
Location: Austin, TX
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. Be part of what’s next! Join 3M – follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Recent jobs at 3M
- Key Account Manager Job at 3M, Anywhere
- Clinical Sales Representative Job at 3M in Montreal Qc CA
- Global Product Marketer - Personal Safety Division Job at 3M in Maplewood MN US
- Library Systems Core Portfolio Manager Job at 3M in Maplewood MN US
- I3 - Product Development Engineer Job at 3M in Maplewood MN US