Research Associate, Antibody Engineering (R2)
at Pfizer Inc in California North America USA
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
Department Marketing Statement
At Rinat, we are dedicated to developing new protein-based therapeutics to improve human life. We use the latest scientific knowledge and apply novel approaches to discover new ways of treating disease. We encourage cooperation and support a high level of scientific freedom to find the best answers to biological questions. Rinat was formed in 2001 as an independent, private biotech company. In 2006 we were acquired by Pfizer and now work as an integral part of Pfizer's mission of working together for a healthier world. Located in South San Francisco, Rinat provides the feel of a small startup company with the resources of a large pharmaceutical company in the heart of the biotech capital of the world.
The candidate will work within our Antibody Engineering Group and participate in advancing our Antibody Dug Conjugate (ADC) program. Job responsibilities will include using a combination of molecular biology, protein expression, protein purification and analysis to obtain and characterize therapeutically relevant proteins and protein conjugates.
The candidate will prepare antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) at a variety of scales using established and experimental techniques. The successful candidate should have good analytical skills, working knowledge of molecular biology, protein chemistry and protein purification. The position requires a detail oriented individual who is highly motivated, independent, with strong communication and learning skills. We seek an individual who will be enthusiastic working in the laboratory and interacting with scientists within a multi-disciplinary team.
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related field with 3+ years of lab experience
- Experience in standard protein chemistry techniques, such as gel electrophoresis, protein quanitation, and protein modification techniques
- Proficient in protein purification techniques including affinity, hydrophobic interaction, ion-exchange, and size exclusion chromatography
- Familiar with analytical tools such as HPLC, light scattering, and mass spectrometry
- Experience with up-to-date molecular biology techniques and protocols (DNA cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, PCR, ligations, digests, etc.)
- Experience in sterile cell culture techniques, including mammalian cell culture, and transient transfections
- Desire to learn new techniques and expand skill set
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to interface constructively with other scientists
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
Recent jobs at Pfizer Inc
- Regulatory Compliance Lead - Comparative Medicine at Pfizer Inc, Anywhere
- Clinical Research Pharmacist at Pfizer Inc in Connecticut Connecticut USA
- Senior Scientist- Cellular and Immunoassay at Pfizer Inc in Massachusetts Massachusetts USA
- Director / Sr. Director, Business Development, Vaccines, at Pfizer Inc in NewYork USA
- Change Management/Communications Lead (Sr. Manager) at Pfizer Inc in Connecticut USA