Techinical Engineer Job
at 3M in Loughborough UK
3M is seeking a Technical Engineer for the Drug Delivery Systems Division located in Loughborough, Leicestershire. Ready to be part of what's next?
Circa £40k (depending on skills & experience) plus excellent benefits package
Key Benefits Include:
- 25 days paid annual holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme 4 x salary
- General Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discount on 3M products
- Reduced subscriptions on various insurance schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Financial support for further education
You will provide support for the introduction and ongoing technical management of a Liquids & Creams and Solid Dose Pharmaceutical and Class 1 Medical Device products within a contract manufacturing organisation.
You will be working as part of a technical team focused on marketed product support, new product introduction and continuous improvement activities for both Class 1 Medical Device and oral and topical Pharmaceutical preparations.
The role will involve interaction with internal manufacturing, logistics and technical colleagues and possible interaction with customers / suppliers. You will be expected to set clear standards and lead by example when working with internal and external contacts.
The role will be mainly office based but a proportion of the applicants time will be spent working in a pharmaceutical production environment.
- Working with equipment manufacturers to ensure that equipment being built meets the user’s requirements
- Supporting the lead Project Engineer during FAT, SAT, installation and commissioning phases
- Preparing and executing Validation Master Plans, Process Validation and Cleaning Validation documents
- Designing and executing process optimisation studies
- Designing statistically valid in-process sampling plans for production use
- Authoring batch records and operating documents
- Preparing finished product specifications
- Training production staff in operation of equipment and running of the process
- Providing ongoing technical support for the process and equipment, including troubleshooting, continuous improvement projects, annual product reviews, documentation updates etc
- Implementation of lean principles in manufacturing and packaging environments.
Knowledge & Skills
- Familiarity with Medical Device and Drug Product Quality Systems and GMPs for EU, US and ROW: ISO13485, Orange Guide
- Familiarity with Design Control requirements for Class 1 Medical Devices
- Knowledge of GMP Regulatory requirements
- Experience in GMP within a contract manufacturing environment of the Medical Device and Drug Product industry for Liquids and Creams and Sold Dose product
- Familiarity with statistical sampling techniques (eg AQLs)
- Familiarity with process optimisation techniques eg Design of Experiments
- Familiarity with equipment qualification and process validation
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement techniques including Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma concepts
- Familiarity with the introduction of new equipment and processes
- Project Management experience
- Strong numerical analysis skills
- Good working knowledge of common computer software (eg. Word and Excel).
- Experience in problem solving and a track record of leading investigations into the resolution of complex technical problems
- Relationship building experience
Educated to degree level in a science or engineering discipline
Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies, creating innovative products that help make the world healthier, safer and more productive. Well known 3M brands include Scotch, Post-it, Scotchgard, Thinsulate and Scotch-Brite.
With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. The UK and Ireland is home to one of the largest 3M subsidiaries outside the USA, employing more than 3,000 people across 19 locations, including nine manufacturing sites.
Products manufactured in the UK include coated abrasives, personal safety equipment, adhesive tapes, industrial microbiology products, drug delivery systems, high-performance coatings, secure documents, passport readers and imaging systems.
Working at 3M
Unleash your potential.
Our success depends on the energy of our employees and the high quality of their leadership. Most of all it depends on their continuous improvement.
From sales to manufacturing to marketing to engineering, if you're committed to expanding your knowledge and gaining leading-edge skills, this is the place to do it. Professional development at 3M includes excellent training, continuing educational support, mentorship from smart, experienced people and more.
Move up - or move in new directions.
You'll find a strong promote-from-within culture here; it's an important aspect of our emphasis on learning and professional growth. You may also move between business units or even, potentially, to different locations around the world. That's one of the many advantages of our diverse business model and global reach.
Please note – the closing date for applications is Friday 7th February 2014
Typical Recruitment Process:
- 1st Interview – work location or territory based if field based role
- 2nd Interview / Recruitment Selection Day – Bracknell or Loughborough HO dependent on role location
- Candidates will be required to complete a variety of assessments relevant to the job requirements
1st Interviews will be held at 3M Health Care in Loughborough during w/c 10th & 17th February 2014
2nd Interview/Recruitment Selection Day will be held at 3M Health Care in Loughborough on the 27th or 28th February 2014.
Candidates should aim to be available for these dates.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting Notes: ||Loughborough ||England - Leicestershire ||United Kingdom ||N/A ||
Recent jobs at 3M
- Key Account Manager Job at 3M, Anywhere
- Clinical Sales Representative Job at 3M in Montreal Qc CA
- Global Product Marketer - Personal Safety Division Job at 3M in Maplewood MN US
- Library Systems Core Portfolio Manager Job at 3M in Maplewood MN US
- I3 - Product Development Engineer Job at 3M in Maplewood MN US