Sr. Associate Scientist/Scientist (In Vivo surgery/Anesthesia)
at Pfizer Inc in Connecticut North America USA
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, self-starter for an in vivo laboratory/surgery/anesthesia position in the Global Science & Technology within Comparative Medicine.
- Collaborator with the site Research Units and Partner Lines to develop, adapt and implement using best practices, in vivo models for scientific project needs across the Pfizer portfolio at all research sites.
- Have a working understanding of USDA and APHIS policies, FDA GLP requirements and AAALAC standards.
- A leader within a local site and Global team environment, and when representing Comparative Medicine to internal customers.
- Provide surgical and anesthesia support of research projects working in a team environment.
- Communicate with colleagues and peers to ensure ethical, on-time project conduct using best practice approaches.
- Frequent consultation of the literature and introduction of new methods, strategies and/or processes which improve productivity and quality of research models.
- Continually improve by updating skills and knowledge with respect to current technology, identify experimental/veterinary problems and form and implement solutions for technical problems, perform routine, non-routine, and complex procedures with proficiency.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory and veterinary equipment; be well versed in departmental operations.
- Provide weekend and holiday coverage on a rotational schedule.
- A strong technical-scientific background in pharmacology/physiology and demonstrated ability to apply veterinary principles to study design and conduct.
- Extensive experience and understanding of in vivo study execution with an emphasis on rodent and non-rodent surgery and/or anesthesia (including but not limited to rabbit, dog, NHP).
- 3+ of related experience at a research institution and LAT certification
- Bachelor of Science degree in biological science
- Licensed veterinary technician with a strong background in clinical veterinary medicine and surgical/anesthesia procedures
- LATg certification, Surgical Research Specialist/Technician/Anesthetist certification
- Pharmaceutical or other industry research experience, knowledge of the drug development and GLP process
- Publication record
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to successfully work independently and within a team on multiple projects.
- Proficiency and expertise to work independently and within the team in delivering anesthesia, analgesia and postoperative care and/or adeptly perform major and minor surgical procedures.
- Significant knowledge of sound principles of veterinary care best practices and techniques, and undertake projects and duties with minimal guidance from supervisor.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and present scientific data to project teams and to internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills and demonstration of scientific writing skills by contributing to abstracts and reports as needed
- Demonstrated organization, innovation, creativity, professionalism, and a proactive approach to essential responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of statistics and experimental design with the ability to perform data acquisition and analysis
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Job will be within the laboratory and/or vivarium; standing and walking will be the general day to day, with lifting weight up to 20-25 pounds.
Continously wearing species specific PPE for up to 4 hours.
Rotational weekend work. Occasional travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
Recent jobs at Pfizer Inc
- Regulatory Compliance Lead - Comparative Medicine at Pfizer Inc, Anywhere
- Clinical Research Pharmacist at Pfizer Inc in Connecticut Connecticut USA
- Senior Scientist- Cellular and Immunoassay at Pfizer Inc in Massachusetts Massachusetts USA
- Director / Sr. Director, Business Development, Vaccines, at Pfizer Inc in NewYork USA
- Change Management/Communications Lead (Sr. Manager) at Pfizer Inc in Connecticut USA