Director, Plant Engineering
at Baxter Healthcare in Illinois Illinois USA
Recognized as leader within division. Responsible for the strategic planning for the department. Provides leadership in the development of new ideas, products, processes and techniques. Frequently manages an organization and a budget in excess of $5 million dollars. Directs through management team the completion of complex projects or programs within boundaries of quality, time and budget. Based on significant technical expertise, reviews and approves complex design concepts of technical staff. Provides technical direction to staff. Fosters an environment of creativity and innovation in completing divisional and cross-functional/business unit responsibilities.
1 Provides strategic planning leadership by setting strategies and priorities based upon anticipation and application of industry trends and emerging technologies.
2 Create and communicate global vision of the organizations contribution to the business unit/division goals, insuring industry leadership.
3 Maximize the effectiveness of internal and external resources (business unit and cross-business unit) to meet business objectives.
4 Direct the development and implementation of new product/process requiring new technologies starting from Project Proposal through Post-launch Quality Assessment.
5 Using broad knowledge and experience in cross-functional activities, coordinate and direct activities of teams and individual contributors to ensure market dominance in appropriate product lines.
6 Create and maintain an environment where team members experience personal and professional growth and become a more self-directed team.
7 Responsible for Final Approval on product/process documentation.
8 Review and approves proposals to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures. Presents proposal to senior management for consideration and allocation of funds. Responsible for preparation of project cost estimates up to multi-million dollar range. Directs all project expenditures and cost tracking.
9 Provide strategic planning leadership to ensure adequate resources are available to complete all business unit and division responsibility.
- Must possess strong knowledge of engineering disciplines (e.g. fluid flow, thermodynamics, heat transfer, static's and dynamics, engineering materials) and solid knowledge of related disciplines.
- Ability to establish long-range business plans which anticipate global trends, technical, economic and socio-political conditions.
- Demonstrate understanding of business drivers, customer needs and global dynamics to create viable strategic plans.
- Proven track record of management/leadership effectiveness.
- Must possess strong ability to negotiate and maximize effectiveness of resources and influence others internally and externally.
- BS in related engineering discipline, with advanced technical degree or equivalent experience. 7 12 or more years of relevant technicalexperience.
- 8 Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Biotech experience is required.
- Several years technical management experience including cross-functional teams, resource and budget management and strategic development experience.
Baxter provides its employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits.To view other opportunities at Baxter and to learn more about the company, please visit our Web site at http://www.baxter.com/about_baxter/careers . EOE M/F/D/V.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
Recent jobs at Baxter Healthcare
- Plant Manager, Aseptic Contract Manufacturing at Baxter Healthcare in Indiana North America USA
- Senior Manager, Engineering at Baxter Healthcare in Indiana North America USA
- Plant Manager Infusion Pumps at Baxter Healthcare in NewYork NewYork USA
- Plant Manager, Aseptic Contract Manufacturing at Baxter Healthcare in Indiana Indiana USA
- Plant Manager Drug Delivery at Baxter Healthcare in Illinois Illinois USA