Product Marketing Manager - Austin, TX Job
at 3M in Austin TX US
Organization: Electronics & Energy Business
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Texas-Austin
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking a Product Marketing Manager for the Electronics & Energy Business Group, Electrical Markets Division (EMD), Product Marketing Team. Be a part of what’s next!
The person hired for the position of Product Marketing Manager will primarily be responsible for the global marketing leadership of the Electrical Market Division's medium voltage cable termination portfolio, working closely with our sales and business development teams globally to support profitable sales and share capture.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the global product portfolio including: product pyramid, roadmaps, brand management
- Develop, execute and adjust global and US marketing plan at product family level
- Provide input and guidance to the global Energy business strategic plan
- Develop and execute product portfolio roadmaps aligned to customer & division priorities
- Gather competitive analysis and market data, and identify critical market trends and customer needs
- Set global direction, and implement in the US, for: portfolio and pricing management
- Identify new opportunities for 3M to drive growth into the electrical utility or industrial construction markets
- Serve as lead for all new product introductions
- Work directly with Marcom on external communication tactics
- Support product training in conjunction with Technical Service
- Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three years of business to business (B2B) marketing experience
- Five+ years of B2B marketing experience
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Electrical industry experience
- Sales experience
- Product management experience
- MBA from an accredited university
- Experience in developing and commercialization solutions through customer interaction
- Demonstrated ability to drive significant growth programs
- Strong communications skills to present to a variety of audiences
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to deliver successful new products
- Experience with working closely with international teams
Location: Austin, TX
Travel: May include up to 10%
Relocation: Is authorized
About 3M Electrical Markets Division
The 3M Electrical Markets Division, based in Austin, Texas, designs, manufactures and markets products for electrical construction, industrial maintenance, utility and industrial power, and electrical equipment manufacturers. EMD has more than 60 years of experience serving customers with highly reliable products, including electrical insulating and conductive tapes; flexible insulation; power cable splices and terminations; high temperature, low-sag transmission conductors; heat shrinkable tubing and molded shapes; electrical wire connectors, terminals, tools and lugs; wire marking products; portable labeling devices; cable ties; and electrical diagnostic and detection products.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. Be part of what’s next! Join 3M – follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Recent jobs at 3M
- Acoustic Engineer* Job at 3M in Indianapolis IN US
- IT Senior Analyst/Developer Job at 3M in Maplewood MN US
- Key Account Sales Manager Job at 3M in Rogers AR US
- Key Account Manager, Grocery Drug Channel Job at 3M, Anywhere
- Sourcing Analyst Job at 3M, Anywhere