Senior Director, Talent and Leadership Job
at Celgene Corporation in US
Job ID: 14836
Offsite Territory: Regular/Temporary:
Category: Human Resources
Department: Global Human Resources – 4103
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
BA/BS degree and Advanced degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organization Development or related field or equivalent experience is required.
The Senior Director, Talent and Leadership is instrumental to ensuring that talent is a key source of competitive advantage for Celgene’s ongoing growth and success. This extraordinary leader will partner with HR& Business leaders to design and implement smart yet simple global leadership and career development practices, programs, and tools . These initiatives will allow the business to increase business performance while strengthening the leadership and talent portfolio for continued growth.
- Partnering with the client facing T&L advisers, HR business partners, and line executives to:
- Translate leadership and workforce capability gaps into dynamic and targeted development solutions
- Design leadership development programs to support the needs of the business and overall Celgene organization and manage the execution and ongoing maintenance/continuous improvement of the programs
- Create leadership onboarding and transition activities that result in effective and efficient leadership growth and movement
- Support frontline managers, manager of managers on their development needs and pull through
- Integrate leader and career development initiatives into broader talent management framework
- Develop and execute global learning and development strategy and deployment for targeted professional populations (e.g. General Managers)
- Manage vendor relationships when using external resources for design and execution of programs
- Create a career development architecture, governance, and tools to engage the population and enhance Celgene’s reputation as a top place to work
- Build and manage learning analytics to measure learning pull through, impact to our talent bench strength, impact and ROI.
- Integrate analytics to guide & drive future learning and development strategies, needs assessment methodology and approach
- Assisting VP, T&L in reviewing, aligning, and championing a consistent approach to the development portfolio across all functions.
- Ensuring that all leadership development processes and initiatives are world-class, innovative, and hyper-relevant to the business
- Drive the ongoing continuous improvement and management of all leadership and professional development programs /initiatives
Talent and OD leader with a minimum of 15 years of experience in complex global organizations, including:
- Translating Business strategies into critical talent development and workforce strategies / initiatives
- Improving existing leadership development programs
- Assessing and supporting high potential population on their ongoing development
- Developing, implementing, managing and evaluating cutting-edge and innovative leadership, high-potential and career development programs
- Designing and tracking of training metrics that measure learning and talent development results ensuring alignment to our overall talent analytics framework
- Managing multiple projects with extensive detail coordination
- Integrating learning / leadership development into the broader talent management framework (i.e. succession planning, performance management)
- Experience in effectively interacting with and influencing senior level HR and business/function leaders
- Leading and driving global change
Demonstrated in-depth knowledge in:
- Leadership development
- Career Development
- Professional development
- Organization Principles and Practices (including design and team effectiveness)
- Change Management
- Assessment and Feedback instruments (i.e. Insights, DISC, 360 feedback, Hogan Development , etc.)
- Learning Design and Adult Learning Methodology
- Coaching, Mentoring and Development Planning Practices
- Evaluation and Measurement Methods
- Project Management
- Group process facilitation
- Pharmaceutical and/or biotech experience is preferred
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee’s temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the “at-will” employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.
Recent jobs at Celgene Corporation
- Product Manager, Multiple Myeloma Marketing Job at Celgene Corporation in Summit NJ US
- Manager/Sr Manager, Product Mktg Inflammation & Immunology Job at Celgene Corporation in Warren NJ US
- Director, Clinical Development Job at Celgene Corporation in BOUDRY CH
- Director Regional Medical Liaisons, Hematology, West Region Job at Celgene Corporation in San Francisco CA US
- Sr. Director, Foreign Exchange (FX) Job at Celgene Corporation in Berkeley Heights NJ US