Executive Administrative Assistant - Austin, TX Job
at 3M in Texas
Organization: Electronics & Energy Business
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Texas
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking an Executive Assistant for the Electronics & Energy Business Group, Electronic Markets Division (EMD) located in Austin, TX. Be part of what’s next!
The person hired for the position of Executive Assistant will be responsible for supporting operations by handling a wide variety of administrative duties for a Director for the EEBG/Electrical Markets Division. This person will apply highly administrative and coordination skills to complete activities and will act independently on standard procedures and handle non-routine situations through interpretation of office guidelines and administrative practices. Will propose and implement solutions to administrative concerns and provide regular guidance and instruction on work procedures and policy to support personal. Will seek supervision as needed for direction and approvals.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Supports daily operations by handling a wide variety of administrative duties for sales & marketing directors and direct report managers. Support of field sales teams in administrative questions and guidance to help support the business to grow. Administrative duties include such items as typical office support in development of customer letters & presentations, intensive calendar management, cellular phone requests & ongoing administration, various invoice payments & accounting activities including file management and audit support. Individual applies highly developed administrative and coordination skills to complete activities on a timely basis. Acts independently on standard procedures and handles non-routine situations through interpretation of office guidelines and or confirmation with corporate experts and administrative practices. Proposes and implements solutions to administrative concerns and works to constantly improve the process flow. Provides regular guidance and instruction on work procedures and policy to support personnel. Seeks supervision as needed for direction and approvals.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum five years combined experience in an administrative assistant function, secretarial and/or clerical role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS)
- 5+ years experience using MS Office software to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 10+ years of Administrative Assistant experience is preferred
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Lotus Notes email, calendar, and databases
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to complete assignments under pressure and short timelines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to anticipate and problem solve independently
- Ability to work flexible work hours depending on current priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
Location: Austin, TX
Relocation: Is not authorized
The 3M Electrical Markets Division, based in Austin, Texas, designs, manufactures and markets products for electrical construction, industrial maintenance, utility and industrial power, and electrical equipment manufacturers. EMD has more than 60 years of experience serving customers with highly reliable products, including electrical insulating and conductive tapes; flexible insulation; power cable splices and terminations; high temperature, low-sag transmission conductors; heat shrinkable tubing and molded shapes; electrical wire connectors, terminals, tools and lugs; wire marking products; portable labeling devices; cable ties; and electrical diagnostic and detection products.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. Be part of what’s next! Join 3M – follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Recent jobs at 3M
- Key Account Sales Manager Job at 3M in Rogers AR US
- Key Account Manager, Grocery Drug Channel Job at 3M, Anywhere
- Sourcing Analyst Job at 3M, Anywhere
- Sales Representative, Commercial Graphics; San Francisco, CA Job at 3M in San Francisco CA US
- Customer Account Analyst Job at 3M in Maplewood MN US