Email Marketing Specialist Job
at 3M in Maplewood MN US
Organization: Consumer Business Group
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking an Email Marketing Specialist for the Consumer & Office (C&O) Division located at our global headquarters in Maplewood, MN. Be part of what’s next!
The person hired for the position of Email Marketing Specialist will support email marketing campaigns for 3M’s Consumer Business Group (CBG) Business brands (e.g. Command™ Strips, Scotch-Brite™ Brand, Futuro™ Brand, etc…)., bringing together brand teams, information technology teams and external agencies to build successful Consumer Business Group email campaigns while achieving measurable business goals. End-to-end campaigns will include lead acquisition, email registration pages, campaign segmentation, email creative, implementation and execution of measurement for successful outcomes, such as open rate, click rate and key action values.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out CBG email marketing campaigns to successful outcomes.
- Actively lead the scheduling, creative development, preference center data capture, segmentation, list selection and execution of email campaigns for a variety of CBG brands. This active coordination will engage internal and external resources, including brand teams, writers, designers, agencies and/or other vendors.
- Simultaneously coordinate multiple email marketing programs at various stages of maturity.
- Develop and track email project briefs with actual spending against estimates.
- Monitor and report email performance to key stakeholders.
- Be an advocate of best practices for email marketing, including brand guidelines and standards, ensuring that brand positioning, creative look-and-feel and key messages support the brand.
- Engage teams in best practices in planning for their email marketing programs, such as competitive analysis, customer segmentation, social media integration and testing plans.
- Optimize ROI goals by determining key actions, implement metrics tagging and measure results.
- Implement findings from third party and internal analyses, including subject line and body copy tests.
- Drive understanding of email marketing impact amongst C&O marketers and management through best practice sharing, reports/dashboards and presentations.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Coordinating the end-to-end process of email marketing for a variety of Consumer Business Group brands.
- Using analytics tools [Exact Target & WebTrends Analytics] to measure and report success and ensure that email marketing decisions are made with data as the primary driver.
- Advocating for best practices in email marketing, including customer segmentation, message segmentation, real estate utilization, campaign deployment frequency and trends concerning deliverability.
- Demonstrating a strong focus on client and consumer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicating the email marketing process to internal and external clients.
- Proactively seeking information and clarification to ensure work delivered exceeds business unit and ‘greater 3M’ expectations.
- Stay abreast of latest trends in the industry with constant research in the email marketing community and implement strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Align internal and external resources to meet email campaign deliverables on time and on budget.
- Communicate verbally and written information clearly and effectively to internal and external clients.
- Work with agency and technical vendors, including the management of requirements and delivery of online products, such as email preference centers and registration pages.
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive email marketing recommendations.
- Recommend and evaluate email marketing tools as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years email marketing experience
- Proficient with HTML and basic website graphics packages (Photoshop, etc.)
- 3 years experience with one of the major email platforms: Exact Target, Epsilon, Responsys, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Vendor management
Location: Maplewood, MN
Relocation: Is NOT authorized
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. Be part of what’s next! Join 3M – follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Recent jobs at 3M
- Key Account Sales Manager Job at 3M in Rogers AR US
- Key Account Manager, Grocery Drug Channel Job at 3M, Anywhere
- Sourcing Analyst Job at 3M, Anywhere
- Sales Representative, Commercial Graphics; San Francisco, CA Job at 3M in San Francisco CA US
- Customer Account Analyst Job at 3M in Maplewood MN US