Addition of Seven Accreditation Options Enables Services Partners to Support Wide Range of Medidata Clinical Research Technologies
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO), a leading global provider of SaaS-based clinical development solutions, today announced that it has expanded its accreditation program for services partners to include seven additional Medidata products, in response to the increasing global demand for its product portfolio. The accreditations are available through the Medidata Partner Program, which selects and enables leading contract research organizations (CROs) and other service providers to manage sponsors’ clinical trials using Medidata products.
Since 2007, Medidata has offered partner accreditations for its Medidata Rave® electronic data capture (EDC) and clinical data management (CDM) system, providing end user training, user and site administration, study build, reporting, outputs and migration services. With the growing number of global research sponsors implementing a range of Medidata products across the clinical development process, Medidata added the following accreditation options for Medidata Services Partners:
- Medidata Balance™—Partners are enabled to provide randomization and trial supply management (RTSM) services using this innovative system. Investigators can access one system—Medidata Rave—for EDC, randomization and supply management.
- Medidata Coder™—Partners offer medical coding services using this centralized enterprise coding solution that is easily integrated with any source system for accelerated coding activities.
- Medidata CTMS™—Partners can offer trial management services using modular and flexible tools for study planning, start-up and conduct, along with financial management and trial monitoring. Sponsors benefit from faster site payments, more timely monitor reporting and better visibility into trial milestones.
- Medidata Designer®—Partners offer study design services leveraging this innovative study and protocol design solution based on reusable libraries and structured design information to improve protocol quality, expedite EDC setup and reduce amendments.
- Medidata Grants Manager®—Partners use this trial budgeting tool for exclusive access to the PICAS® database of negotiated costs from investigator grants to rapidly provide customers with accurate trial forecasts and budgets for clinical trials.
- Medidata Rave Safety Gateway—Partners automate their customers’ EDC-to-safety-system data transfers using this system to expedite case triage with improved accuracy and completeness of SAE case data, reduce data reconciliation activities and eliminate error-prone phone, paper and fax processes.
- Medidata Rave Targeted SDV—Partners can offer more efficient monitoring services using this EDC-based solution to execute targeted (risk-based) source document verification.
“As we continue to develop and enhance our product portfolio, there is a growing need to provide outsourcing organizations with the flexibility to add services that best complement their capabilities,” said Graham Bunn, vice president of partnerships, Medidata Solutions. “With these new accreditations, we can better enable our partners to provide greater value to sponsors on their outsourcing services, ultimately strengthening their strategic relationships.”
Medidata trains, accredits and supports Medidata Services Partners on its technology so partners can cost-effectively implement and use Medidata products for sponsors’ studies, allowing them to quickly realize the benefits of this technology. To become accredited, an organization must first complete required training with a Medidata services team to learn best practices for implementing and using the product. After demonstrating know-how and experience with specific products, Medidata recognizes the organization as a Medidata Services Partner.
Medidata first announced its channel partner program in April 2005 to enable select CROs and other service providers to offer services in support of Medidata products. Since then, the program has grown to include about 30 partners, ranging from smaller clinical consultancies to large, global CROs.
About Medidata Solutions Worldwide
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of SaaS clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced solutions lower the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.
Lois Paul & Partners
Susan McCarron, 617-986-5767
KEYWORDS: United States Europe Asia Pacific North America Canada China New York Japan
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Software Health Biotechnology Clinical Trials Medical Devices Pharmaceutical